Direct Ethernet connection without a router or switch
To connect your Moku:Lab to a Windows PC through Ethernet cable without a router or a switch, you will need to configure the network and assign the Moku:Lab a static IP address.
Configuring the PC network:
- In your PC go into "Settings" -> "Network & Internet" -> "Ethernet"
- Select "change network properties" and "Edit IPv4 settings"
- Configure the IPv4 setting as shown below:
Note: depending on the version of Windows operating system that you are using, you may be required to set the subnet prefix length, set this to 24.
- Use the iPad to connect to the Moku through Wifi
- In "Select your device" menu, tap on your Moku, then tap the settings icon on the bottom left corner, this will open the "Device settings" menu
- In the "Device settings" menu, tap on Ethernet, switch on "Connect via Ethernet"
- Set "Configuration" to Manual, then set IP address to 192.168.1.167 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0
- Tap "Apply"